Wednesday, February 10, 2016

SYNOPSIS

I chose to write my story backwards.  With each new days blog I will also write about my past. My beautifully Altered Life.. The Life Of A Mafia Princess.

- Introduction -
Growing up Gambino wasn’t always glamorous. Sure it had its "perks" but also came with its "curse". I honestly had a pretty decent life. I was definitely privileged and certainly spoiled, bratty and rarely told "no". I had an entourage of house staff... from house nannies to drivers, cooks and property maintenance men. My father, a busy and dedicated surgeon with a corporation to run and my mother a "busy" trophy wife, both were very distinguished and sophisticated parents to my 4 other siblings and I, Neither was around much physically. The house staff became our parents really... don’t get me wrong, my parents did the best they could to compensate. Financially we had an awesome, endless life. Emotionally and mentally was a whole different life.
 
There were always so many secrets in my family about everything, almost all things and all of the time. However I was unaware of these things until I was old enough to be aware. The "private" meetings and whispers were secrets until I was old enough to dig and look into my family and uncover it. We lived a very crazy and unusual life. A life stranger than fiction. I thought that every family was like ours. That was my normalcy. When people questioned it I couldn’t give them answers, not because couldn’t (even though I couldnt) but because I didnt know any different...This life, It really was all I knew. I really had no idea what deep, dark and dysfunctional family secrets I would soon uncover. How insane and almost unbelievable my family story, family history truly is. All I know is a beautifully altered life and that being a Gambino woman in the family carried notoriety. A standard. A stigma.

 



 



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment